Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

I've had one of these for 5 years.I have never used it to make bread dough. I know!
So, as we prepare to exit this decade and enter the next, I decided to give it a whirl. Since I didn't plan ahead, I was happy to find a 60 minute, fast-rising dough recipe. Is it bad that the 'warmest place' in my kitchen (other than my oven) is the heater vent on the floor?!

It was covered (and it totally worked)!
15 minutes later, the dough was ready to go.

I'd just watched Giada make an excellent hazelnut cinnamon roll recipe HERE. I used pecans.
The icing has a little mascarpone cheese in it - [not so] secret ingredient!






They. were. inhaled.

Bread = not so hard in a mixer with a dough hook. I think I'll make dough more often.

I'd better get my run on tomorrow....I just ate 3 of these bad boys! Good thing we gave away one of these pans.

Hazelnut Cinnamon Rolls recipe HERE.

1 comment:

  1. the other pan was inhaled too. My Buns thank you, as do insulin suppliers across America, as I should be entering a diabetic coma soon. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete