Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kasey Likes It [Magic Bullet]

Over the past few months I've developed the habit of drinking at least one (if not two) protein shakes each day. At home, I mix it (Dymatize Whey Protein) with 8 oz milk and ice in a blender, which makes it frothy, cold and yummy.

At work, I use a shaker cup and just blend it with milk. Not nearly as yummy, but it works, and usually counts as either breakfast or lunch.

I'd been thinking about a Magic Bullet to keep at my office, but didn't think it was worth $69. So, when I was able to get one for $29 with some discounts, I jumped on it and put it under the Christmas tree (more to unwrap!).
I've been using it at least once a day since Christmas and love these things about it:

1) It is so much smaller and easier to pull in and out of the cabinet to use.

2) The blender is also the cup and makes for fewer dishes.

3) It's super easy to clean.

In fact, I've grown so fond of it that I now the thought of leaving it at my office makes me sad, because I'll have to go back to using the blender at home. However, I certainly am not going to spend another $49 to get a second one.

So, I decided to start looking around for a cheap blender for the office....you know, the $15 - 20 kind. Proctor-Silex. Something like that.

I dragged Jimmie to about 8 different stores over 7 hours today, researching scratch & dent refrigerators, so we also looked at steam cleaners and blenders. I'd read about a Hamilton single serve blender on Walmart.com for $18 and Walmart was the last place we stopped.

They had it for $12.88. Score! This is the one I'll take to the office.


I mixed up a shake for a late dinner, only to discover that the $12.88 blender works SO. MUCH. BETTER. than the Magic Bullet! I was very surprised. Here's what I like about it:
1) Mixing time is about half that of the Magic Bullet


2) It didn't leave a single chip/chunk of ice (the Magic Bullet doesn't quite crush all the ice, leaving me spitting little ice cubes back into the cup)


3) It's just as easy to clean.


4) What's not to love about the price??


I'm going to return the Magic Bullet and get a second Hamilton. It rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment