Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I May Have Set A Record

I've made a home cooked meal THREE nights in a row this week!

It began Sunday with beef stew and sourdough.

Granted, it's hard to take an appetizing picture of stew, but it was SO thick and flavorful...and it appears to have cured whatever ailed Jimmie for the preceding 12 hours!


Monday night I made a caprese salad, which we had with italian grilled chicken and [more] sourdough. Jimmie raved about this one, too. Can't you just smell that basil??


Tonight I roasted a chicken - for the first. time. ever. I know! ...pick your jaw up off the floor. How can one have gone so many years without ever roasting a whole chicken?? I defy the odds.

I stuffed it with rosemary, sage, thyme and lemon. Jimmie said it was the best chicken he's EVER had!


I'm starting to think he just likes when I cook. ;)

After we ate I put the bones on the stove for 4 hours and made chicken stock. This will be used another night this week for Carrot and Pomegranate soup! My fridge overfloweth with goodness this week.

I also made fudge topped with candy cane tonight, to go with the toffee I made Sunday night. Ready to put together some goodies for friends.

Tomorrow I'll make fresh pomegranate syrup (for the soup). Also on the docket is Giada's Ricotta and Vanilla Bean Puddings (with cranberry orange sauce) for dessert on FENCE-tivus [Christmas Eve]! I may even sprinkle some pomegranate seeds on top...

4 comments:

  1. Chef Kasey!
    So...popcorn for dinner tonight?

    Definitely throw pomegranate seeds on that pudding. Yum! Raspberries would be good, too.

    I'll be stocking up on cocoa for Fencetivus. It's gonna be a COLD ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and um...you're going to help me put that Fencetivus/Christmas Eve turkey in the oven, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! That popcorn I ate during the movie tonight WAS my dinner! And Jimmie had none.

    Thus, the 11pm cheesy scrambled eggs, as inspired by The Accidental Husband. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt about it - YOU ARE a gourmet. I bet Jimmie is just basking in the glow that is your kitchen creativity! Awesome.

    And yeah, my mouth watered a bit reading about your 1st roast chicken. YUM. Costco Rotisserie will nevah be the same..

    ReplyDelete