Friday, February 20, 2009

Kasey Likes It [Splenda PEEPS!]

I spotted a new PEEP at the grocery store: "Splenda Peeps" are sugar free!

I decided to give them a whirl.

Let me just say that if you love PEEPS, you will NOT love THESE PEEPS. They taste like nasty vanilla and butter. They also lack the crunchy coating of sugar on the outside. I'm kinda glad there were only 3 peeps included and that I only bought one package. I don't feel so bad throwing them away. And I will be picking up some of my FAVORITE PEEPS on my next shopping trip!

Here are some fun facts about PEEPS:

Each PEEPS chick has 32 calories and 0 grams of fat.

Just Born produces enough PEEPS in one year to circle the Earth twice.

It takes six minutes to create one PEEPS chick. In the 1950's it too 27 hours.

PEEPS has been the #1 non-chocolate Easter candy in the U.S. for more than a decade.

PEEPS chicks for Easter come in 6 colors--yellow, pink, lavender, blue, green, and red.

New for Easter 2008 are PEEPS Yellow Tulips, delivering the first new Spring shape since the1950s.

Yellow is America’s best selling color of PEEPS chicks and bunnies.

All PEEPS have 0 fat grams, are gluten free, and are nut free.

People like to do curious things with PEEPS ….eat them fresh or aged to perfection, microwave them, freeze them, roast them, and even cook with them!

Kasey Leaves It! [the sugar free version, that is.]

4 comments:

  1. You LEAVE the sugar peeps, or SF? I'm hoping this is a typo.... :) Cause I'm worried about you if not.

    Glad to know I don't need to watse my $ on the crappy splena wanna-bes.

    Thanks for taking one for the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splenda is gross unless you cook with it.

    Thanks for letting us know it's YUCKY, then we don't have to feel guilty about passing by the lower carb version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude. I enjoy a peep here and there...but THIRTY TWO CALORIES? I'd so rather take a bite of ice cream...and the fat with it.

    I didn't know you were a peep lover. Every year the Associate's store is flooded with them the week after easter for like 10 cents a pack. If you are a fan of the "aged" peep, I'll definitely stock your supply!

    mmm candy covered milk chocolate eggs will be available soon. I know you prefer the dark chocolate...both are a fantastic welcome to Spring. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat - Thanks for pointing out my typo. I did intend to say SUGAR FREE.

    Sara - I love splenda in hot tea, too.

    Meg - Yes, I am also a lover of the "aged" peeps. Hook a sister up after Easter!

    ReplyDelete