Saturday, March 7, 2009

Raspberry Cobbler

We have a lot of these in our freezer:

So I decided to bake some cobbler:


Jimmie requested a raspberry pie made with our frozen berries. I couldn't decide whether to call this a cobbler or a pie. I decided to make individuals with crust only on top (1/2 the crust of a pie, right?). I think, technically, a cobbler crust is "crumbled" on top, but whatever.

Raspberry Cobbler
5 - 6 cups raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
Whisk sugar and cornstarch together to mix thoroughly. Toss with berries.
Pour berry mixture into baking dishes and top with your favorite pie crust dough.
Cut a few vents in the crust and sprinkle with sugar before baking.
Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
Good thing we also have some ice cream in the freezer to go with this dessert tomorrow!
I should not be up at midnight when we're "springing forward!"

2 comments:

  1. Double YUM! I would cobble those up i n a heartbeat. I'm a pie freak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look great! i love raspberries in anything and everything...at least you remembered it was daylight savings time. i didn't and so i was a little late getting ready for church.

    ReplyDelete