Monday, February 9, 2009

LIME is not just a pretty color

'Hey, Raymond, club soda with a lime, please.
And would you get me a towel?'

Extra points if you can name that movie.
My roommates and I used to crack up at this actress' accent,
and repeat this line over and over and over.

Have you ever noticed that a Diet Coke with Lime is never better than when Sonic makes it? That's because they have an amazing little tool, similar to this one. It squeezes the life (and juice) out of the lime wedge before they drop it into your drink. That's amazing to my, because I usually find it quite difficult to get much juice out of any lime.

So, when I saw this little steel beauty at TJMaxx the other day, it was love at first sight. They had a yellow one (slightly larger) for lemons, too. But, I figured if I bought smaller lemons, I could make it work for both!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..was it Wayne's World? Sounds familiar but can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna say Top Gun?

    Steel? Sweet! I bought a plastic one a few months ago and it BROKE, snapped in half last time I was juicing a lime. Cheap stupid thing. I may have to scope out my TJ Maxx. Must have mucho lime juice with my Diet Pepsi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, just read the last commenter's comment......IT'S TOTALLY Wayne's World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it's Wayne's World. You are so smart!

    ReplyDelete