Friday, October 1, 2010

Pumpkin Conundrum

Well, it's officially October, and with October comes PUMPKIN!


Have you ever opened a can of pumpkin puree, used 1/4 or 1/2 cup in a recipe, then wondered what to do with the rest?


I did last week. I knew I wouldn't be using it again during the week, so I loaded up two silicone ice cube trays and made pumpkin cubes. The silicone trays are great, because you can pop out the cubes by pushing the mold inside out. Just toss them in a ziploc bag and you have small amounts of pumpkin puree any time you need it.


I just had a vanilla-pumpkin protein shake after my run. YUM!


What do YOU do with your leftover pumpkin puree?

4 comments:

  1. Smart girl! I finally started doing that with my tomato paste. You know how all those recipes call for 1 TBSP here and there...I just froze them in 1TBSP portions between some glad wrap and put them into a freezer baggie. No waste, less $ spent on groceries! I'll have to invest in some silicone trays - they sound very convenient!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah....these were heart shaped ice cube trays/muffin trays (what ev) from the dollar spot. Totally worth a buck!

    ReplyDelete