Saturday, October 16, 2010

5 Minute Chicken Taco Soup

I woke up from a nap today in the mood for homemade soup....chicken fajita soup...but too hungry to take the time to thaw and cook chicken. ENTER canned chicken!

Soup is a wonderful way to use it because you can't tell it came from a can. This is a soup you can make entirely with things in your pantry.

5 Minute Chicken Taco Soup

8 cups water
8 cubes chicken boullion
1 can diced green chiles
1 13 oz can chunk chicken breast
1 can black beans [with jalapenos]
1 can corn
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp onion powder
3 Tbsp lime juice

Bring to a boil and simmer a few minutes, breaking apart the chicken chunks.

Garnish with cilantro, crumbled tortilla chips, shredded cheese.

We inhaled it.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I am a fan of canned chicken in soup too. I also made taco soup last night, but of the gd. turkey variety and more of a chili consistency. I like mine over greens as a taco salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this soup tonight for the kids -- they ate it all! I doubled the recipe, of course because my group is large! With a little salad and milk, they were satisfied. I think the lime juice makes it taste just right!

    ReplyDelete