Monday, June 21, 2010

Blueberry Jam

There is an easy recipe for blueberry jam on the Pickyourown site. Funny that it looks so complicated with all of these pictures. Yes, it's 8 pages! I hung them with magnets so I wouldn't have to flip pages with sticky fingers while I worked. It's really much easier than it looks.



Here's the short-hand version.

Mash 8 cups of blueberries (I put them in my food processor on 'chop.').

Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup water and 1 box of pectin.

Cook on medium-high until you reach a hard boil (the kind you can't stir out).

Then add 7 cups of sugar and return to a hard boil for another minute.


Ladle into hot, sterilized jars, clean the tops of jars and affix hot lids and rings.

No need to process in a canner if they seal themselves and you hear the lids 'pop.' This happens because the jam is as hot as lava.That's it!


My batch made 9 half pint jars with a little leftover to eat right away.



No comments:

Post a Comment