Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blueberry Ice Cream

My Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt - Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker is awesome! I sometimes forget that I have it and that it only takes 30 minutes to freeze ice cream.

We picked these blueberries Saturday morning and made ice cream Sunday afternoon.

The Cuisinart recipe calls for 1 cup whole milk and 2 cups heavy cream. I simplify by using 3 cups Half & Half.

Blueberry Ice Cream

2 cups blueberries, mashed (I put them in the food processor on 'chop')

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 cup sugar

3 cups Half & Half

1 tsp vanilla

Mash the blueberries and let them macerate in lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar for 2 hours. Then add the other 3/4 cup sugar, half & half and vanilla. Process in ice cream maker for 30 minutes. Transfer to a tupperware container and store in the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. There is NOTHING that compares to homemade ice cream! DEEEEE-LISH!

    ReplyDelete