Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Cake - Eat Dirt!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

It's been far too long since I had an excuse to decorate a cake. Jimmie doesn't like cake, so I don't make them for his birthday.

I was inspired about a month ago when I found a skeleton garland at the dollar store in St Louis. I decided then and there that I'd be making a halloween cake.

I had some serious fun putting together these graveyard cakes tonight. I was baking a cake to take to a work party tomorrow, so I thought I'd just double the fun and take one to the church trunk or treat and chili cookoff, too! My favorite part ended up being the 'picket' fence around the pumpkin patch.

9 comments:

  1. Spooky! Are those Milano cookies? What a cute idea! What's with all the cute cakes I'm seeing? I can't remember the last time I made and frosted a homemade cake, but now I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are double chocolate Milano cookies.

    I think next time I'll put two cakes side-by-side so I can make a bigger graveyard. I ran out of room for all the things I wanted to decorate!

    You Clines - I'll be your mom any time, but I know a secret: (your mom has been nominated for Mother of the Year!). Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is awesome! Love the skeletons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I clip these ideas, but never seem to do anything with them. You will never cease to amaze me with your talents and your ability to go the extra distance in everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative!!!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Do you think one of those will survive shipping? Totally spooky! We got your care pacage early in the week and the kids have been stenciling non-stop. Thanks for being the favorite Aunt! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I love the little pumpkin patch. You're awesome Kasey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so stinking ambitious! That cake is amazing!! Talented girl.

    ReplyDelete