Friday, October 17, 2008

Spiderweb Pizzas

How cool is this? I came across this fun halloween meal idea on another blog. It came from the current issue of Woman's Day. Although I probably will not go to trouble of making this purely to entertain myself, I thought if would be fun for my nieces and nephews. :)

Happy Halloween season!

Spiderweb Pizzas


INGREDIENTS
1 pkg (10 oz) prebaked mini 8-in pizza crusts (Boboli) OR use pita bread
1/3 cup pizza sauce
2 mozzarella string cheese
3 large pitted black olives

PREPARATION
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Place crusts on a baking sheet; top with sauce. Pull cheese into thin strips; place on pizzas in the shape of a web.
2. Bake pizza for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese melts. Cool 3 minutes.
3. Cut off one end of 2 olives for spider heads. Halve remaining olives lengthwise. Use one half for body; cut remaining pieces into strips for legs. Assemble spider on each pizza.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't say "pita" did you????? Oh no you dint!

    http://thethreelittlebearcubs.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Sarah! I had completely forgotten the special meaning of "pita" in your family! I guess you'd better stick with Boboli!

    ReplyDelete