Monday, February 15, 2010

Sheena's Black & White Chili

We tried Sheena's Black & White Chili recipe tonight. I think it might've killed me.....

......'cuz I've died and gone to heaven! Seriously better than ANY chicken tortilla soup I've ever had.

Who knew how important [and potent] ground Chipotle could be? Apparently, Sheena did! I couldn't find it locally, but I did find whole dried chipotle pods at Pueblo Market #2. I ground them into powder myself using a coffee grinder [but not before practically ruining my Cuisinart food processor and destroying my lungs by inhaling it]. But, I digress!

You can find her recipe HERE on her blog. I used about 3/4 Tbsp chipotle and it had some HEAT! Just enough bite and SO much flavor.

Her presentation is prettier than mine. I took this picture before I crumbled some Tostitos w/ Lime tortilla chips over the top of my bowl.


We love all things: Avocado, Cilantro and Lime.

Add Chipotle to the list!

2 comments:

  1. on my menu this week too. Thanks for the chipotle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Guess what just jumped onto my menu!??! Wonder if (and where) I can rustle up some ground chipotle...Trader Joes?

    ReplyDelete