Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sugar and Spice

A few of my most recent discoveries in the land of sugar and spice:

#1) Course sugar sprinkled over cookies and pies. WHY had I not tried this before??

#2) Ground Chipotle Powder. Hard to find in grocery stores, but easy to make. I found a bag of dried Chipotle pods at a latin market and ground them in an electric coffee grinder. So. Good.

#3) Freshly ground Nutmeg is fresher and tastier than buying it in powder form. I stumbled across some whole nutmeg the other day and decided to try it. I have no idea how people do this without losing the skin from their fingers, but it SMELLS and TASTES so good.

1 comment:

  1. If you use a microplane zester for the whole nutmegs,it grates it much finer and easier on your fingers--I'm so glad you've figured that out--fresh nutmeg is all I've been using for years--I couldn't agree more! :)

    ReplyDelete