Friday, January 29, 2010

Chicken Parmagiana

Weather like this makes me want to cook! Last night as the snow began to fall, I stumbled upon a recipe for Chicken Parmagiana on The Pioneer Woman's site. That woman can cook!


Rather than re-post her recipe (which you can get to via the above link), I'll just post a few pics of the easy steps and tell you how I improvised, since I didn't plan this one in advance, and....HELLO....we're having an ice storm! ;)


I made just 2 chicken breasts. I don't own a meat tenderizer (need to get one of those!), so I used my can of crushed tomatoes to smash the chicken flat inside a gallon size ziploc bag.

BEFORE
AFTER
Salt, Pepper, Flour dredge Mmmm...olive oil and butter. 4 minute each side, then keep warm.

Then saute onion and garlic in the oil. I didn't take a picture of the next step, which is adding red wine to the onion/garlic and simmering to reduce. I'm not a fan of the red wine flavor, so I substituted a pomegranate juice blend I happened to have in the fridge.
After it's reduced, you add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes. I also didn't have 3 cans of crushed tomatoes, so I just pulsed some diced tomatoes in the blender for a few seconds. Viola!
Put the chicken into the sauce and sprinkle with parm. Simmer for a few minutes.
Serve over linguine. I used angel hair because that's what I had.
Wow. The Pioneer Woman is a genius. This was SO good!

3 comments:

  1. YUM! I love making this meal, but haven't tried her recipe for it....it's on the list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chicken parm is Aaron's favorite. I should make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh Kasey! You have to try this again with the crushed tomatoes, I think they are sweeter, or something!! I keep them around for Chicken Tikka Masala anyway...SO worth keeping them as a staple.

    ReplyDelete