Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Orange Blueberry Muffins

On days like this...

...all I want to do is bake. And, since I was working from home and had several conference calls this afternoon, that's what I did.

Orange Blueberry Muffins

1 1/4 cups orange juice
zest of one orange
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup quick oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 cups blueberries
3 Tbsp sugar (I used course sugar)
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

Combine orange juice, zest, oil, eggs, quick oatmeal and vanilla.

In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

Fold the wet ingredients into the dry just until blended.

Fold in the blueberries (I used frozen).

Fill 24 cupcake liners 2/3 full.

Sprinkle combination of chopped walnuts and sugar onto each cupcake.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes (until golden).

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh! Those are SO pretty! I bet they taste as good as they look, too.

    ReplyDelete