Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blueberry Blast

I've been experimenting with ways to make my protein shakes more power-packed and filling. I found a few ideas in Runner's World this month, but changed them slightly. Here's what I had post-run tonight:

BLUEBERRY BLAST

3-4 oz fat free plain greek yogurt
4 oz fat free milk
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp flax seeds
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
4-5 ice cubes

Would you believe there's 30 grams of protein in that? (more than a chicken breast)
Also, the flax is full of omega 3's and the oats add fiber. Good for your heart.
Lots of antioxidants in the blueberries.

The oats and flax give it a bit of an earthy taste, but it's still pretty good and the vanilla protein powder sweetened it up a bit.

I'm going to try some variations with frozen apricots and blackberries, too. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment