Saturday, July 17, 2010

California Fresh

We've lived in Arkansas long enough to have forgotten the wonder of fresh, cheap produce on the central coast. We drove the Pacific Coast Highway toward Big Sur this morning and stumbled upon produce heaven in Moss Landing.

Guacamole, anyone? It would cost me $5 bucks for 7 avocados at home!
I tried to edit this photo 5 times and it just wants to be sideways.


Giant Artichokes for $1.50.


This 33 cent grapefruit is SO huge....it apparently frightens me.


That's a 2-bite cherry. SO sweet!


Grapes!


Size-of-my-head artichokes

And the view from PCH below Carmel.
Cold and foggy today.

2 comments:

  1. there's nothing like fresh, giant produce that costs pennies!!! looks like you're having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Those artichokes are making me drool! Gotta love cheap and fresh! Makes it so easy to eat healthfully.

    ReplyDelete