Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sorry, [Charlie]...

Jimmie requested a blind taste test of sourdough bread made with MY starter vs CARL's starter. I needed to make up some small loaves for gifts anyway, so I tossed two batches in the oven yesterday morning while I was working on my tile project.


Jimmie wasn't home when I baked them, but I used an identical method for both. He came home to two loaves sitting side-by-side (not this picture) on the counter. Here's how it went down:

Me: "Hey, there are your two loaves for your blind taste test. Go for it."

Jimmie: [taking a bite of each and pointing to the loaf on the right], "This one is DEFINITELY yours. It tastes better."

Kasey: "Are you sure? Did you taste both?"

Jimmie: [Looking suddenly remorseful at his hasty response], "Uhhhh...."

Kasey: "You are RIGHT! You picked mine!"

Jimmie: [Full of relief, smiles and says], "You had me going there for a second. I thought maybe I picked Carl's, but I was SO confident that yours was the one with a prettier crust and bigger holes."

Smart boy.

Sorry, Carl. I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment