Sunday, April 19, 2009

The New BLT...with Avocado!

Here's a new twist on an old favorite....discovered this weekend by my husband.

Was BLT....Now BAST (Bacon. Avocado. Spinach. Tomato.) It will always be a "fat bastard" to us now! [pardon my french]

This was kind of an accident. We had all of the above in the fridge, but no lettuce. We decided fresh spinach would make it even better. And we'd happened to pick up some 'day old' ciabatta rolls the day before. Jimmie cooked the bacon to perfection, salted the avocado and tomato, de-stemmed the spinach leaves and toasted the ciabatta. To. Perfection.
Food pictures never do the real thing justice, but I tried.

I don't think we'll ever go back.

5 comments:

  1. Looks divine! One question: How do you unhinge your jaw to get your mouth around it? :-) The thought of avacado and bacon makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very tasty turtle, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha a tasty turtle.

    Looks GOOD. I only crave bacon like once a year. Today is the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same way you eat a turtle....squeeze really tight and take a bite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya-UUUUMMMM !!!! I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete