Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Storm Stew

Got Food Storage?
Got 5 minutes?
Then you've got Ice Storm [food storage] Stew!


I started with the intention of making a white bean chicken chili.
But I didn't have any white beans here...they're in my storage unit. Great place for food storage, huh??

I improvised and used what I had. Dump the following into your crock pot on low for a few hours until heated:

1 can chick peas
1 can black beans
1 can chicken
1 cup salsa
1 cup water

Optional garnish: cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions (which I just happened to have in the fridge).

Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos scoops. There's plenty of salt in the salsa and the chips, so I didn't even add seasoning. So easy. So yummy.

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I made taco soup last night. We can do White Chili this weekend if you want...maybe on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - I did chicken breasts with a jar of salsa and taco seasoning in the crock pot on Sunday and we had super chicken burriots with all the fixings. House smelled good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm..that sounds awesome! mind if i steal it for a Cooking with Jordan post?!

    ReplyDelete