Saturday, December 3, 2011

Green Smoothies

All I have to say is, "WOW!" I figured a smoothie full of spinach and kale could be EDIBLE, but I never expected it to be delicious! I finally jumped in this morning. I didn't have any greek yogurt on hand (making some tonight), but I tossed some protein powder in to make it a meal.

1 cup orange juice
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 pear
1/2 cup frozen mango cubes
1 frozen banana
1 tsp honey
1 cup ice cubes

Blend the orange juice, kale and spinach until it runs smooth, then add everything else. Yum.

I'm excited to try some variations with yogurt and berries.

2 comments:

  1. Was it yummy, or just " not disgusting"?....if so, I need to get on that! All those leafy greens in one shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UNbelievably yummy. I want to make another one already! I think you'll love it. We used the big fat straws from Panera to drink it, which made it that much more fun.

    Loving kale so much. I'm going to make zuppa toscana since I have kale on hand.

    ReplyDelete