Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Apple Blackberry Tart

The first time I made this, it was Pioneer Woman's Flat Apple Pie recipe. That was Sunday. Love PW, but there was no pie spice and I missed it. I also prefer my pie crust recipe that uses butter. SO, without further ado, MY revised recipe...just 3 days later.


Combine:

4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 light brown sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
2 Tbsp flour

Your favorite pie crust
1 cup blackberries (optional)
2 Tbsp course sugar (for sprinkling on top)
2 Tbsp butter (place dots of butter on top before baking)

Divide dough into halves and roll into two rounds.
Mound the sliced apple mixture into the center of each round.
Fold the dough around the edges.

Dot each with 1 Tbsp butter and sprinkle with course sugar.

Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
Slice and serve like a pizza.


I used to loathe cleaning up all of the dishes that resulted from baking a pie.

Then my sister gave me some SUPER cute bowls for my birthday a few years ago. Who wouldn't want to bake with these??

3 comments:

  1. gift whisperer! I am determined to beat nat out for best bday gift this year! bwahahaha!

    Please say that you're dying to get outta the house and that you can't eat all of that pie? Yum! Come ovah, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ Meg...love that show!

    this looks supah yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the revised by Kasey recipes! Thanks!

    Sorry Meg, we share a brain. It's not in the cards for you. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete